Reduce Food Waste: How To Use The End Bits Of Bread
Recently I have found myself throwing away the two end pieces of my loaves of bread which is very un-thrifty of me I know. I needed some inspiration so I turned to Twitter and asked others what they do with their end bits.
Here's the feedback I got...
1) I use them in French Toast. If I made my own bread crumbs, I'd use them for that. @emmaincanada
2) A simple bread and butter pudding. Can't beat it! @Lucylastica2
3) Blend into breadcrumbs and sprinkle on macaroni cheese or feed the ducks! =] @btwblogger
4) Cut them into big cubes and turn them into crutons (you can coat them with butter, salt n pepper or whatever you fancy) #soupfun @AtBestPete
5) I just throw those bits to the birds lol #notfrugal @ECouttie13
6) Make them into breadcrumbs for the top of a shepherds or fish pie? @lesleyannp1
7) We make 'pizza' ie cheese on toast or bread/butter pudding @myzerowaste
I'd loved all of the suggestions and on Saturday morning I'm going to try out the French toast one. I've found a fairly simple recipe on Pinterest so hopefully it will turn out okay.
What do you do with your ends?
Thrifty Thursday is a weekly linky and a place to share your thrifty posts. It doesn't matter if they are old or new and can be about anything to do with saving money and being thrifty. Whether it be a post on cutting back on your food shop or your latest thrifty find link it up, I'd love to see it.
The Boring Rules Bit...
- Add a link to your thrifty post with the linky tool below, you can steal the badge for your post too if you like (sorry no fancy codes though, I will work it out one day)
- Leave a comment below to let me know that you have joined in, you can also add your Twitter name too if you like.
- Try and check out as many other posts in the linky as you can and leave them some comment love.
- You can tweet about it with the hashtag #ThriftyThursday. You can also tweet me @Gina_Caro to let me know that you have joined in. (This one is optional).
I have also started a Thrifty Thursday board on Pinterest and I will be pinning any entries onto it each week so more people get to see your great posts. You can check out the board HERE.