This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms & conditions for more info.
Recently I have found myself throwing away the two end pieces of my loaves of bread which is very un-thrifty of me I know. I needed some inspiration so I turned to Twitter and asked others what they do with their end bits.
Here’s the feedback I got from Twitter…
Reduce Food Waste: How To Use The End Bits Of Bread
1) I use them in French Toast. If I made my own breadcrumbs, I’d use them for that. @emmaincanada
2) A simple bread and butter pudding. Can’t beat it! @Lucylastica2
3) Blend into breadcrumbs and sprinkle on macaroni cheese or feed the ducks! =] @btwblogger
4) Cut them into big cubes and turn them into croutons (you can coat them with butter, salt n pepper or whatever you fancy) #soupfun @AtBestPete
5) I just throw those bits to the birds lol #notfrugal @ECouttie13
6) Make them into breadcrumbs for the top of shepherds or fish pie? @lesleyannp1
7) We make ‘pizza‘ ie cheese on toast or bread/butter pudding 🙂 @myzerowaste
8) Make breadcrumbs and freeze until needed 🙂 #reducewaste #thrifty @k_phillipson
I love all of the suggestions and on Saturday morning I’m going to try out the French toast one. I’ve found a fairly simple recipe on Pinterest so hopefully, it will turn out okay.
Check back soon to see how I get on! What do you do with your ends?
Thrifty Thursday is a weekly linky and a place to share your thrifty posts. It doesn’t matter if they are old or new and can be about anything to do with saving money and being thrifty. Whether it be a post on cutting back on your food shop or your latest thrifty find link it up, I’d love to see it.
I have also started a Thrifty Thursday board on Pinterest and I will be pinning any entries onto it each week so more people get to see your great posts.